At Estate Guru we give you a quality estate plan at a fraction of the cost.
But it’s not just price that sets Estate Guru apart, our analytics are designed to more accurately deliver what you need. Take a deeper look at how Estate Guru compares to traditional lawyers, online document engines, and legal service plans respectively.
Traditional Lawyers Who Use Estate Guru
Rather than getting all dressed up for multiple meetings with an expensive lawyer, Estate Guru permits you to create your plan in less than an hour in the convenience of your home.
- Flat fee for services rendered or billed hourly - expect the attorney’s bill to take your breath away, but with Estate Guru you get quality documents and services for a fraction of the cost.
- The attorney provides their documents tabbed out in a 3-ring binder, literally selling their services by the pound. With Estate Guru you only need to print out your signature pages - easy to store - no paperweight here.
- The attorney would like you think that there is some sort of secret sauce involved and only they know the key ingredients or can legally do what is needed. The Estate Guru online interview takes the mystery out of the experience making the entire process transparent.
- If your situation is complex, you need competent counsel. We monitor your work as you use Estate Guru. If your situation requires it, we make sure the attorney responsible for your work contacts you before permitting you to finalize documents that might harm your or your heirs' interests.
Document Engines vs Estate Guru
- Rather than leaving you to determine what should be included in your estate plan, Estate Guru guides you through the process, identifying the documents you require.
- While you are in charge of the process, you aren’t alone. The questions you answer about yourself permit the tool to guide you to the correct documents, ensuring your estate plan is sound.
- Just because you don’t pay the high price for a lawyer doesn’t mean the expertise of a lawyer isn’t with you every step of the way. Not only are our lawyers part of the software, but a lawyer from your state oversees and is responsible for your use of Estate Guru, ensuring your estate plan is done correctly.
- Estate Guru notifies you when significant changes in your life require an update to your estate plan, making it easy for these updates to occur.
- With Estate Guru you can store your documents on our secured cloud storage, giving you the ability to access, update, and share them at any time.
Legal Plans vs Estate Guru
- Unlike legal plans, with Estate Guru there are no monthly membership or subscription fees.
- Legal plans generally offer a broad range of legal services at a discounted rate. Few people need all of the smorgasbord of services included. Estate Guru focuses exclusively on estate planning law so you only pay for the services you need.
- Most legal plans are regulated by the insurance commissioner in your state. Like all kinds of insurance, you pay today for some kind of future benefit. With Estate Guru you never pay your lawyer before their services are rendered.
- Every month you do not use your legal plan is a cost to you and profit for the plan. Estate Guru does not rely on historic-use formulas to make money. Our costs are transparent, clearly stated rather than hidden behind a monthly fee schedule.